We all know Indian food is nothing short of delicious. But did you know that the specific spices used in tandoori cooking have a host of hidden health benefits? It’s true! Not only is tandoori cooking tasty, but every bite is packed full of important nutrients and healthy qualities your body needs to look and feel its best.
The next time you’re planning a meal for friends or family, consider incorporating some of the Indian spices commonly found in tandoori meals. You can also explore Hōmdoor’s online recipes before firing up your tandoor to find a slew of tasty treats jam-packed with the hidden health benefits of Indian spices.
Top 3 Tandoori Spices & Their Health Benefits
Tandoori spice blends are commonly comprised of three main Indian spices: cardamom, ginger, and turmeric. Each of these spices originates in India and promotes specific health benefits for the body:
- Cardamom: Widely renowned as the Queen of Spices, cardamom promotes gastrointestinal health, cholesterol control, cardiovascular relief, and improved blood circulation in the body.
- Ginger: This spice is commonly used to ease nausea and motion sickness, but is also an active immunity booster thanks to its germ-fighting agents that protect against harmful bacteria.
- Turmeric: Present in nearly every Indian dish, turmeric is rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, and helps improve almost every vital organ function in the body.
These aren’t the only Indian spices packed with beneficial properties, but they’re certainly some of the most widely used in tandoori cooking. By incorporating these spices into your meals, you can help your body look and feel its best while also enjoying a delicious tandoori treat — yum!
2 More Tandoori Spices to Promote Healthy Eating
When it comes to tandoori cooking, the more spice added, the better. In case you’re looking for even more reasons to try your hand at using one of Hōmdoor’s tandoors, we’ve listed two more tandoori spices that will give your body the boost it needs:
- Chili Powder: That heat you feel rising in your body after consuming chili powder is actually responsible for increasing your metabolic rate while decreasing your desire to consume fatty foods!
- Coriander: This powerful spice helps soothe digestive issues, including irritable bowel syndrome, bloating, gas, and cramps.
Now that you know some of the hidden health benefits lying in every bite of your tandoori meal, you’re probably dying to try your hand at tandoori cooking with a traditional oven. Hōmdoor has tandoori ovens available to help access your inner chef and start eating healthier. Explore our online products and bring the flavors of India to your own backyard today!
Get Cooking with Hōmdoor Today
Whether you’re looking to start eating healthier or simply want the challenge of cooking with a traditional tandoor, Hōmdoor has the grilling solutions you need to satisfy your cravings. Shop our online selection of tandoors and start grilling up goodness in your backyard today.